Dynamic Captioning has recently had a significant increase in our client base, and we need to bring some new writers on board.
We are looking for captioners with 3+ years of broadcast captioning experience who can reliably write a sustained 230 – 260 WPM with 98.5% or higher accuracy, and able to handle short bursts of up to 300 WPM with minimal paraphrasing. In particular, we are looking for captioners with experience in sports (particularly U.S. Football) and international news.
Audio/video monitoring and caption delivery will be all IP (Internet) based. We will provide some software that we require be installed on your captioning PC, but it will not be active when you are not writing for us.
This will be contract work (1099), and we do not restrict our captioners from working for other agencies, providing you share your availability with us in advance.
- Windows 7, or Windows 8 PC with current security updates, anti-virus / anti-malware software.
- Internet connectivity: Cable modem or DSL with at least 1.5 Mbps speed. No 4G or Satellite connections.
- Advantage Software’s Eclipse with AccuCAP or Stenograph’s Case CATalyst with BCS, current versions with a support agreement.
- UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) or battery backup on steno writer, PC, and all Internet connectivity hardware.
- Open to captioners in other countries pending connectivity and bandwidth tests.
We will conduct technical and quality testing with applicants.
Dynamic Captioning, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Employees and contractors are selected without regards to race, age, gender, religion, or national / cultural origin.
We have several different services that we offer our customers, and the captioner rates vary depending on which services you work on.
Please contact us for details: info@DynamicCaptioning.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dynamic Captioning prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, and any other factor protected by law. Equal employment opportunity principles govern all phases of the company’s employment, including recruitment, compensation and benefits.